Haaayyyy girls!! Victoria here with a DO-IT-YOURSELF! MHMMMMMM booboos. Let’s goooooooo. BTW, not that I’m trying to make you all jeally but while I’m typing this my kitchen smells of heavenly orange && cinnamon scents…. Mmmmmmm HAPPINESS <3
As u might know already I’m OBSESSED with healthy eats && lemme tell ya a lil secret … I totes HATE going out to eat. I just like knowing exactly where my food comes from, who handled it and what ingredients went into it, cuzzzzzz ya know what they say …. You are what u eat. So N.E.WAYZZZ I try to make my own food at home as often as possible – but ya know it’s hard cuz I go to school && I’m a blogger …
sometimes AINT NOBODY GOT TIME to cook!
Luckily though it’s SATURDAY ohh yasss my friends 🙂 So when I woke up this morning craving a healthy bfast I just KNEW I had to make me some GRANOLA. Mmmm mmmm yas. This granola is so full of flavor && goodness AND u can add anything your heart desires to it! Like for EX I love to add me some raisins or choco chips! This Granola is SO easy to make that even my friends who aren’t SO talented in the kitchen (Yes I’m looking at u Shachi!) lurv to make it too!
Like I said u can customize this granola however you like! A bit less sweet, a bit more spice, add some fruit, drizzle honey over it if u want … SO MANY POSSIBILITIES. Below ull find all ze necessary ingredients & directions. HAVE FUN MY LOVES <3
THINGS U NEED:
2 cups oatmeal (not instant)
1/3 cup maple syrup (can swap for honey)
6 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp cinnamon
Orange zest (1 orange should do it)
1/2 cup unsalted nuts (I chose pecans— DELISH)
Handful of pumpkinseeds (if u like them- I think they’re AMAZE)
1/2 tsp sea salt
WHAT TO DO:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees F
2. Mix all the ingredients together, make sure that everything is a little bit sticky. (Add a bit of olive oil/honey/syrup if the mixture feels uber dry).
3. Spread the granola onto a baking tray
4. Pop it in the oven for about 20 minutes, then stir it around a bit and let it bake for another 10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven && CHILLLL (let it cool completely on the baking tray -this gives it a nice crunch)
6. After it cools completely store it in a jar –I like to use mason jars- gives ur granola a vintage feel 😉
And now u got urself some granola for the whole week!
Add some milk…. some dried fruits – if you’re into that kind of thing 😉 Like raisins, apricots, cranberries, ORR make it a lil sweet && add some chocolate pieces or fresh fruit — whatevaaaa u want! I say experiment a lil && find ur ideal granola mixture 😀
ENJOY LOVIES && lemme know if u tried it out at home! Xooxxoo – Victoria