BONJOUR girlies!! Justine here, I managed to survive the GROSS winter storm that hit NYC a couple days ago! I actually had such a GREAT DAY! School was cancelled and I got to stay home, warm in my sweatpants, and google some dessert recipes to make for VALENTINE’S DAY! YAS! I found this DELICIOUS Strawberry Creme Tart that looks SUPER PRO!! Like seriously, whip this baby out at a party and everyone will think you’re ready for The Great British Bake-Off! Wanna know a secret though? IT’S TOTALLY SIMPLE! Check out the recipe and let me know what you girlies think!
For the DOUGH:
1/2 stick of vanilla
300 grams of flour
120g of powdered sugar
180g of cold butter chopped into pieces
For the FILLING:
1.5 cups of milk
4 egg yolks
6 TBS of sugar
5 TBS of sifted flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
40g of soft butter cut up in pieces
1. Preheat the over to 320 degrees.
2. Put the vanilla sticks in the blender, pulse into small pieces.
3. Add flour, powdered sugar and butter to the blender mixture. Process until the mixture is crumbly. Add the eggs and continue blending. Keep the blending to a minimum so your dough does not turn out too crispy!
4. Form the dough into a ball, then flatten it slightly. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for ONE HOUR.
5. Choose a work surface and lightly flour it. Flatten the dough until it is thin, then line the baking pan with the dough. Pierce the dough with a fork in several places and place the pan in the refrigerator for half an hour.
6. Bake the dough for 20 minutes, then let it cool.
1. In a medium saucepan bring the milk to a simmer.
2. While the milk is heating up, put the egg yolks and the sugar in another bowl. Beat the mixture until it is fluffy and has a bright yellow color. Add the flour and stir until it is absorbed into the mixture.
3. Once the milk reaches its simmering point, slowly pour the yolk mixture into it while constantly whisking.
4. Pour the combined milk and yolk into a new saucepan, cook over low heat while constantly whisking. After about 2 minutes the mixture should come to a boil, now pour it into a new bowl through a sifter.
5. SLOWLY add butter to the mixture while whisking constantly. Then add vanilla extract and stir until the cream is completely smooth.
6. Let the cream cool in the fridge.
Now for the FUN PART! Time to put it all together!
1. Place the cream over the dough
2. Decorate with the strawberries in any fun way you’d like!!!
BOOM! You did it! Tag us in your pics @Stello_Girls!!!!
XOXO – Justine