What up GIRLZ, Shachi here and it’s APRIL! YAS YAS YAS! I LURV April! It’s just this super refreshing month where everything feels NEW and EXCITING and the Summer anticipation is just BUILDING LIKE CRAZY! Something special happens in New York during the Spring, it’s like the 8 million people that live here all collectively decide it’s time be OUTDOORS!!! The restaurant patios open up, the dresses come out, and the city starts to BUZZ!!!! There are so many things I want to do this month! Spring Time activities are straight up LIT!
I’m ready to make the most of this season! Check out my ultimate NYC Spring Time Bucket List!
- Go Boating in Central Park
- This is something I’ve ALWAYS wanted to do! I LURV watching the boats but this year I want to get out there on the lake myself! Plus the Boathouse is one of the most picturesque places in all of NYC!
- Pig out at Smorgasburg!!
- You HAVEN’T HEARD OF SMORGASBURG?! It’s like literally a foodie DREAM MARKET! Last year they brought us the RAIN DROP CAKE along with so many other delicious foods, I can’t wait to eat what’s next!
- Host a Garden Tea Party with the girls!
- There is something about a tea party that is just so dreamy and delightful! It’s probably the Alice in Wonderland aspect of it, but a tea party with your girls is the Spring Time activity when the weather is BEAUTIFUL!
- Get my Instagram on at the Macy’s Flower Show
- Every year the big Macy’s in Herald Square get’s BLOOMIN! The store has been decorated with thousands of REAL FLOWERS in a whimsical Carnival theme! Definitely a Spring Time MUST SEE!
- Cheer on the Yankees (or the Mets) at a baseball game!
- Hey, batter batter! Doesn’t matter which team, I LOVE baseball season…okay so maybe I don’t love baseball I just love baseball FOOD! But WHO CARES! A day at the ballpark is always a fun, energetic day, no matter what!
- Picnic in the Park!
- Literally ANY outdoor activity is a fantastic Spring Time Activity! So grab the frisbee, some gals, and a blanket and soak in some rays while sipping some lemonade on the grass!
- Explore Governors Island
- Governors Island is just a seven-minute free ferry ride away, and it’s like stepping off the boat into the past! The island hosts SO many events, including my FAV event, the Jazz Age Lawn Party!
- Plant a Window Garden
- I LURV living in the city but sometimes I really wish I had some backyard so I could plant some stuff! I got a window though and it’s the PERFECT place to cultivate my own tiny garden! Gonna get those Spring Vibes EVERY MORNING by planting some wildflowers in my window! YAY!
- Get some of the BEST ICE CREAM in NYC at Ample Hills!
- You can fight me on this, but Ample Hills is the BEST ice cream in the city! Their Salted Crack Caramel is CRAZY heavenly (and also one of Oprah’s Favorite THINGS! YAS!)
- Get artsy, OUTSIDE!
- Last but not least, I can FINALLY get painting outside again! As I’m sure you can tell by now I LURV being outside, and the winter weather really gets me down. But with this new season, I’m feeling a breath of new CREATIVE LIFE! I’m going to PLANT MYSELF in Central Park and with the flowers and sun as my inspiration I can’t wait to see where my art takes me!
What are you excited to get up to this Spring? Share your FAV Spring activities in the comments!!
XOXO – Shachi