HAIIII girlies! It’s Justine! Things are a BIT rainy here in NYC so I’ve decided to spend the day experimenting in the kitchen!! I know everyone LURVS the fall but UGH (loud sigh), I just can’t with the rain! I NEED the SUN PEOPLE! LOL. Anyway, I know a lot of people get pretty gloomy when the weather sucks so I decided to make something I could bring to school and share and BRIGHTEN up everyone’s day! There may not be sun, but there sure as heck is ME! YAS. SUNSHINE KWEEN to the rescue 😉
So I wondered what I could make that would cheer everyone up. First thought was like OH! I’ll make Creme Brulee! How DELISH, everyone will love it! Buuuuuut I couldn’t EXACTLY bring those to school and share them easily. That would be MAJOR disaster. I finally settled on something easy and OBVI delicious! CHOCOLATE RICE CRISPY BARS! YUUUUUMMMMMM!!!!! Such a dream, and the perf little treat to share with old friends and new! Check out the recipe below! Bon Apetit!
Choco Rice Crispy Bars
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Pinch of salt
- 5 cups of marshmallows
- 4 teaspoons of cocoa
- 6 cups of Cocoa Rice Krispies
- A few handfuls of M&M’s (Or WHATEVER candy you like!)
- Melt the butter + salt in a saucepan on low heat.
- Keep stirring constantly and add the marshmallows.
- Cook slowly (and stir!) until the marshmallows are completely melted and blended with the butter.
- Add the cocoa and stir until well combined.
- Take the pan off the heat and immediately add the rice krispies and some M&M’s or candy (make sure to save some to put on the top!), mixing lightly.
- Press the mixture into a greased brownie pan. This gets SUPER sticky, so have a plastic spoon ready to avoid your fingers sticking together 😉
- Flatten the top as far as it goes and put some M&M’s on top.
- Let the Choco Rice Crispy Bars cool in the tin
- Cut them in bars, squares, mini bites, use cookie cutters for different shapes: whatever size & shape you desire!
- Wrap them up in baking parchment with some cute ribbon and spread the YUMMINESS to your FRIENDS!
- You can replace the with seasonal sprinkles to make ‘em in any theme you want!! Halloween, Christmas, Birthdays!
- You can also make these with regular rice krispies, then also leave out the cocoa.
- You can experiment by adding some dates, raisins or nuts, yum!!!
Let me know if you made them! xoxo Justine!