OMG Girlies!!! Justine here ! Is everyone READY for America’s BDAY!? I’m heading out to a HUGE BBQ picnic tomorrow in the park and was designated as the Dessert Maker – obvi 😉
So of COURSE I’m making tons of goodies – especially because you KNOW I have SUCH a sweet tooth!! I decided to share TWO of my creations with you girlies – Marshmallow-Pops and 4th of July inspired waffles – YASSS. Easy, fun, CUTE and most importantly – RED. WHITE. AND BLUE. Check out the recipe below and if you end up making your own be sure to tag your PIC with #stellogirls. 😉 Hehe. HAPPY FOURTH GIRLIES, LET’S ROCK IT!
- Candy Melts in red and blue. (If you can’t get candy melts, you can substitute this with powdered sugar, a tiny bit of water and food coloring)
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles and stars
- Wooden sticks
- Optional decorations for the sticks (Ex. Banners, flags, ribbons- GO ALL OUT)
Microwave the blue and red candy melts in separate bowls. Insert the sticks into the marshmallows. Dip the marshmallows into the melted candy melts and then it’s time for some DECORATING! YAS! Dip the marshmallows into the sprinkles and stars – or whatever you like that’s edible and cute 😀 If you’re digging the 4th – try to stay consistent with the red/white/blue colors to really nail the PATRIOTIC vibes. You can also GO ALL OUT and decorate the wooden sticks with little name tags, ribbons or GLITTER (glitter is always good). THAT’S IT- easy peasy, right !? Now for the more difficult one….
4th of July Waffles
So for the waffles there’s a shortcut available, if you don’t feel like baking or don’t have access to a waffle iron, just pick up some waffles at the store – NO JUDGEY 😉 As I told you before… cooking is all about experiments, learning and having FUN!
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower or canola oil
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Candy melts in blue and red
- Red, White, Blue sprinkles, stars, glitters
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together in a large bowl.
- Separate the eggs, putting the yolks and the whites into separate bowls.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. You need a SUPER clean bowl for this, and if there’s even the tiniest bit of the egg yolk in there, they won’t stiffen, so separate a new egg if your yolk breaks.
- Mix together the egg yolks, milk and oil and stir slightly.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well
- Fold in beaten egg whites with a wooden spoon, slowly.
- Turn on the waffle iron, bake until golden brown, place on a rack and let it CHILL.
- And now … the fun part! DECORATION! Use the candy melts to color up your waffles. Throw some sprinkles on there or use powdered sugar to create patterns. GO CRAY! Remember the power of edible glitter 😉
ONE TIP before I leave y’all to make your creations. If you plan on snapping pics after (cuz like why NOT!?)- try using the chrome filter – it makes the red/white/blue colors really POP. ENJOY GIRLS!!! XOXOX- JUSTINE